Sunday, March 21, 2010

Jacklyn's short essay





Together in a Puzzle...by Jacklyn Googins A short essay for 7th grade language arts.....

People. They are the little pieces of life that hold our world together. Families. These are the little pieces of life that hold people together. The people with nothing to hold on to are the lost pieces outside of the puzzle, just waiting to be chosen. Matched. Anything and that's where my journey began. Thats's where my everything began...

One hundred and forty seven million orphans. These are the lost pieces outside of the puzzle with no family. Nothing to hold on to. My brother was one of them and forever will I remember the moment when I gazed deep into his radiant brown eyes for the first time. My family of four had transformed to be a blooming family of five and the dragging months of waiting for Will had finally come to an end. But little did I know that he would bless my family to a new beginning with more than we could ever ask for. Though we gave Will a home, he gave us so much more than that because he gifted us all with great love and happiness.

When I gaze back at pictures of Will in Africa, my heart shatters to pieces as teardrops slowly crawl down the sides of my freckled cheeks. Even poor people here have cell phones, computers, and TV's, but the poor people in Africa have nothing. Some have families; but my brother was one of the millions of helpless children without a family, so that's why we gave him a home and a family. It was just the right thing to do.

My family adopting Will has taught me many important life lessons. Though the many orphans in Africa have had heartbreaking, sorrowful times, they still make the best of their situation and they grasp on to each other like brothers and sisters, together in a massive puzzle. I've learned that this really is how everyone in our world should be; we should all love each other like brothers and sisters as one big puzzle of the world.

Will has inspired my family to love each other unconditionally and to enjoy the simple things in life. He has had more of an impact on our family than he will ever know. Words can't explain all the things he has been through and the many things he has done for our family.

Thank you Will, we're glad you are a piece in our puzzle! We love you always and forever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! that is amazing. You have a writer on your hands. You should be so proud. We leave SUnday for CA and will be in SR on Monday. I am suppose to see Kristen at Round Table Pizza. Hope she makes it up.
Cyndi

Erin said...

That is SO awesome!! Wow!! Amazing!!

Click Icon below to help

One of our favorite photos of Will when he first got home

One of our favorite photos of Will when he first got home

Our Gifts

Our Gifts
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive