Thursday, January 13, 2011

5th snow day in a row!!!!





What do you do if your kid's school has been cancelled for the 5th day in a row, yes that's right you heard me. Day 5 snow day! Really? I thought I moved away from the midwest winters, only to come here and get school called off for what they say are icy road conditions. I guess the district lines go way North of us and the "country" roads are icy. I can't believe they don't spread sand or salt down on them and move on with it! My kids are in awe that they have called school off all week for what they see on the ground here. Well, since the kids are going stir crazy, I thought I'd get a jump start on having them make their homemade Valentines. Boy am I ahead of the game this year! Out came the glue and glitter and foam hearts and ribbon and I let the kids go to town creating their Valentines. So far they have made a good dent in the amount they need to make. Makes me happy to keep their creative juices flowing while we wait for the ice to melt on the country roads!!!

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Love the pictures. You are so organized. Now the key is to not lose the valentines once they are done which is what ends up happening to some of my Christmas cards (which I found yesterday!).
Looking forward to seeing you next weekend. I will call you when the tournament is over and we are leaving. I think it will be around 7 pm and according mapquest you are 1 hour and 37min. away. I really appreciate you letting Holly and I stay.
Cyndi

Click Icon below to help

One of our favorite photos of Will when he first got home

One of our favorite photos of Will when he first got home

Our Gifts

Our Gifts
Powered By Blogger