Tuesday, March 29, 2011

husband/wife getaway ?????

Well, doesn't this look like a place we could all spend a few days at? I would never pay for a stay here, but if my husband won a trip.... I guess he could drag me there. It is called the Terranea resort and it is in So. Cal. Jeffrey won the Summit Award at his work for the 3rd time. Previously we went to resorts in FL and Arizona. We had just gotten home with Will 2 years ago when we went to the winning trip to FL, so we took Will and the girls to FL with us. We were the only parents there who took their kids along for the trip. Yes, I was looked at rather weird for bringing my kids, but it was either that or I wouldn't go. Who would leave their recently adopted little one for a few days/ Since it was in FL, Jeffrey's mom was able to come and watch the kiddos during the awards ceremony so that worked out well. This time, Jeffrey kinda wants a little getaway with just the wifey, so after humming and hawing, I guess I will accompany him to get treated like a queen for a few days. I'll hate every minute of it though and miss my kiddos. I worry how Will will do, but his Auntie from FL with her two girls and Gramma from FL are going to fly up to take care of the brood while we are gone. We cant forget we have a dog that needs a couple walks a day and a cat that needs shots twice a day, so them coming to our home is a great help. I struggle with doing things like this because I feel money like what his company puts out for this should go towards helping those who need help.... like Ethiopian orphans, instead of paying for me to be pampered. Have to get over this or my husband is going to commit me to the looney bin. We leave in May, so I have a while to prepare Will for it.

No comments:

Click Icon below to help

One of our favorite photos of Will when he first got home

One of our favorite photos of Will when he first got home

Our Gifts

Our Gifts
Powered By Blogger