Sunday, November 22, 2009

Attention span




Should I feel guilty that my son has an attention span of a 10 year old? Recently I was sorting beads from my girls bead box and taking out the beads with letters on them so I could put the alphabet in a gel bag for my kindergarten students at work. As I started the project, Will came over and layed down on the floor next to me and started sorting the beads with me. He sorted beads for 45 minutes. As he sorted the beads, I pulled out the letters of the alphabet from his beads to put in each bag. Also, His coloring pages are pieces of art! I got him a jumbo size coloring book from Target last week and he spends at least a half hour to 45 min on each page. He used to like to stick to one color, but he has expanded his color pallete now and uses several colors in his masterpieces! He also is pretty darn good at staying in the lines. I have set up a little coloring table for him in the kitchen because my kitchen table was constantly covered with markers, crayons and coloring pages. Now he has his own little area where he just lets his creative mind go.....


2 comments:

teri said...

That's how my niece, Gabbie, was at his age.....and she's going to have her PhD in aeronautical engineering before she hits 25......better save all your pennies for his education! :)

Amber said...

Thank you for updating us on Will. It is so very helpful for those of us obsessed while we await our own referrals. I have really enjoyed reading your blog and I wanted to mention that I awarded you on my blog. Thank you for all of your great posts.

Click Icon below to help

One of our favorite photos of Will when he first got home

One of our favorite photos of Will when he first got home

Our Gifts

Our Gifts
Powered By Blogger