Sunday, September 27, 2009

Our little get away

Last Sat. we left for Naples to go to Jeffrey's awards ceremony with USBANK. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton and we had a great time! The weather was beautiful, although once a day it rained for about an hour... but no complaints here. I was so glad we brought the kiddos. We were the only ones who brought our kids, so we were quite entertaining when we were at the pool as everyone watched our kids having so much fun while they relaxed with their free drinks and conversation:)

I think Jeffrey needs to work on his tan..........Here they are in the Ocean. As I took this picture a school of Manta Rays swam by between myself and them. There were about 15 of them and they looked so graceful. They were all about the size of a dinner napkin unfolded. Very amazing to see that!
Here is lover boy smoochin his cousin at the beach. I think this photo is greeting card material.

Jaymie and Will digging for shells in the Ocean.


There was a sand bar out a ways that was filled with live sand dollars. Of course Jaymie wanted to take them home, but I did not want her to kill them. They have tons of little whiskers on the bottom of them when they are alive.



Our beach beauty




The girls rescued a coconut from the Ocean. It was floating by way out there and they swam to get it... As I was carrying their carry-on on the way home I was wondering why it was so heavy. Well, the coconut came home with us and is now in a basket in my kitchen. Leave it to Jacklyn, my collector of things....






Here is the fountain in front of the Ritz that greeted us. I took this pic. during a rainshower. You can see how it just downpours, and then an hour later.....sunny skies.






Jeffrey and I before heading off to the awards ceremony! Isn't he handsome in his tux? Just like they day we were married:)....















Here he is standing on stage waiting to get his award:) So proud of him. He is such a hard worker and so very smart. The conversations that went on while I was with him were way over my head! You think by now I would know what he actually does, but I still can't grasp it. Our careers are so very different. Heck I was assessing a K student this past Fri. and when I showed him the letter b and asked him what it was he said,"16". I've got my work cut out for me!









No comments:

Click Icon below to help

One of our favorite photos of Will when he first got home

One of our favorite photos of Will when he first got home

Our Gifts

Our Gifts
Powered By Blogger