Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year


Well, this family made it til Midnight, but I believe we were all asleep by 12:10. The kids are still sleeping, but Jeffrey and I are enjoying our tea while we both do some computer work and take advantage of the kids sleeping. Jeffrey has been off since the 23rd and we have been going non stop with the list of to dos we created. It feels great to chalk them off as each one is accomplished. Our biggest list item has been transferring all of our info from the hard drives of my old laptop and our old desktop to the new addition to our family..........imac. Yes, our desktop was on its last leg, and my laptop died about 6mo ago, so we were using Jacklyn's laptop and Jeffrey's work computer. We visited the apple store and I was sold after they showed me it only had one plug and the rest was wireless. Then I was really sold after I experienced the iphoto program. We have been going crazy organizing all our photos. The kids just love the kid pix program and the photobooth gadget on the computer. Will is a wizard with the mouse. His ability to catch on to things continues to amaze me. The kids got the wii for Christmas and Will bowled a 170 his first game. He was on fire and now has spare and stike in his vocabulary. We have also experienced skype for the first time and have been able to skype relatives in other states which has been fun. Jacklyn will be using this often with her cousin in N.C.
2009 was most definitely a year of change for our family. It brought with it the gift of Will and the journey to Ethiopia. The trip to Ethiopia and the adoption of Will has forever changed the way I see things, as I'm sure it does for many who visit a third world country...The orphan situation weighs heavy on my heart, it overwhelms me, but at least I can feel we did a little and say there are 4.7 million orphans minus Will. Is there another adoption in our future? The girls would like to see that, and a part of me would love to do it again to. This time a waiting child, or special needs... but we will see what 2010 brings. I will continue to be an advocate for adoption and hope our story will put that push on others hearts like I had some 2 years ago. As it says in Proverbs 24:12.....Once our eyes are opened we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act.
I'm going to try to attach some photos from photobooth as I continue to figure out our imac... the possibilities are endless with this amazing machine....Happy New Year!



The photos above sure are lovely heh? I just noticed the background on one photo is maroon behind our antique tennis rackets and the other background is brown behind the rackets.....yes painting our den was on the list.....and we got to chalk that off the list:) I should add here that Will can take these pictures of himself all by himself. He will sit in the computer chair for 20 minutes at a time taking pics of himself. Some of them are pretty scary looking, and some make you laugh so hard you start crying. Thankfully they are easy to delete. We're lovin our imac.

No comments:

Click Icon below to help

One of our favorite photos of Will when he first got home

One of our favorite photos of Will when he first got home

Our Gifts

Our Gifts
Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive