Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Checking off the list

Well, we were down at the office of homeland security today and all went well. Now our fingerprints are being sent off to the FBI to check for any criminal activity in our past I guess. Jeffrey was able to have his middle digit printed with no problem. It showed up a little shorter than the rest on the 4 finger print, but I thought it looked adorable. He's unique! The fingerprinting is quite high tech these days as it is all done on the computer. I was expecting to walk out with ink all over my fingers, but not the case! We also got our lovely passport pictures taken at the Waukesha AAA. Saved some $$ there by being AAA members. Jeffrey's stitches from his surgery last FRI show up on that picture. For those of you who don't know he had a spot of skin cancer above his left eye. 99% cure rate so it was the good kind to have if you have it. I'm just getting my passport just in case I go. Jeffrey said he is going to knock me out with some good drugs to get on the plane. My girlfriend June may be joining us on our trip to Ethiopia, so that would be helpful. She is in the airforce reserves so she can keep telling me over and over again how safe planes are.....

After our fingerprinting Jeffrey took me to have lunch at an Ethiopian Restaurant downtown. If you have never had Ethiopian food before it is quite different. They did have a nice selection for vegetarians, so I was happy to see that. So... they serve it to you on the round Ingerra(not sure of the spelling) bread. It is like a spongey tortilla and they plop your order (kind of like a stew) on the bread and then next to it are these little rolls of Ingerra bread that you unroll and use as scoops to pick up the stew like item you ordered. I like the idea of no silverware. Less dishes! So our little guy is going to have to be patient with me and the creation of this bread. So, that was our morning /afternoon and our update for the latest! Thanks for checking our blog and for all of you who have expressed so much support on this journey! I'm currently reading Toddler Adoption and am learning a lot. Until next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sir Henry's golf course wardrobe will be waiting for the little darling. Hope he likes patchwork plaid, turtlenecks and v neck cableknit vests. Boys can be fun to dress! I don't know if the bowl hair cut would work, in this case, but we could try! Where there's a will, there's a way!
Love,
Auntie Keke

Click Icon below to help

One of our favorite photos of Will when he first got home

One of our favorite photos of Will when he first got home

Our Gifts

Our Gifts
Powered By Blogger