Monday, December 7, 2009

Conversations with Will

If you are by chance flying through Dubai for your adoption you will want to pick up this mug on the way to Addis as on the way back you will not have time! I almost waited to buy it because I did not want to hual it to Ethiopia, but something told me to get it when I was in the line at Starbucks before getting on the plane to Addis. Anyhow, I love my Dubai Starbucks mug with the camels on it. It sparked a converstion with Will this am, which I'll share as it shows how powerful reading to children is. Will asked me as he often does about animal noises, what a camel says as he pointed to my mug. Well, I was not too sure the sound a camel makes or even for that matter if I could immitate it. So I made a little spitting sound. He said "camels spit?" I said yes, I believe so, then he proceeds to go get his book, From head to toe byEric Carle flips to the picture of the camel and says, "they bend their knees too mama!" He remembered the info I had read to him a couple days ago. I've probably read this book about 5 times to him and he connected to it and referenced it for more info. He knew exactly where to go, and showed me what he knew and learned about camels in the book. I love that our little man loves books! He learns so much from them.

No comments:

Click Icon below to help

One of our favorite photos of Will when he first got home

One of our favorite photos of Will when he first got home

Our Gifts

Our Gifts
Powered By Blogger