Sunday, October 18, 2009

Feline Diabetes




We took our very much loved cat, Bagheera, to the vet this week as I had a hunch he had diabetes. My hunch was correct, and now I am giving insulin shots to him 2 times a day. We have to regulate it and I'm hoping it will go down to one shot a day.......but we will know over time. I have to give the shots 12 hours apart, so I get up at 5 am to give him his first shot, and then another at 5pm. So, I now have syringes and insulin in my life. Giving the shots are not so bad, and he really doesn't even feel it, so that helps me not feel so bad when I stab it in his neck. We are hoping he starts feeling like his old self as all the kids mangle him and just love him all day long.

No comments:

Click Icon below to help

One of our favorite photos of Will when he first got home

One of our favorite photos of Will when he first got home

Our Gifts

Our Gifts
Powered By Blogger